Before making your appointment for a custom dyno tune, go through our checklist to make sure your vehicle is ready for the dyno.
- Check that the vehicle is mechanically sound. Be sure there are no fluid leaks, vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks and that the engine is capable of handling the expected power level.
- Check that proper sensors are used. We recommend a fresh set of O2 sensors before your scheduled dyno tune.
- Also make sure the MAF/MAP sensor has the proper range for the specific application.
- Check that the fuel system is capable of handling the expected power level. We recommend keeping a 20% cushion from max duty cycle when choosing fuel injectors. Also be sure the fuel pump/s are adequate for the fuel flow required for a specific fuel. Note: E85 requires ~40% larger components than gasoline.
- Check that the spark plugs are of a proper heat range and gapped correctly.
- Check that the vehicle has a proper amount of gas, 1/2 tank minimum. We may spend some time on the dyno and do not want to run out of gas during a tune.
- Check that you have extra Nitrous and Fuel nozzles available if tuning for nitrous.